Five Steps to Effective Online Negotiations
Date: Aug 8, 2023 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Member Price: $150
Non-Member Price: $175
Section Price: $150
- Martin E. Latz
- Latz Negotiations, Scottsdaleis the founder of Latz Negotiations in Scottsdale, Arizona. Mr. Latz is a nationally-acclaimed expert on negotiation strategy and tactics. He has presented his training program to more than 50,000 lawyers and business professionals.
A former Adjunct Professor of Law for Negotiation at Arizona State University College of Law, Mr. Latz is a negotiation consultant and trainer for major corporations and law firms throughout the country. From 1993 to 1995, he negotiated for the White House nationally and internationally on The White House Advance Teams. Mr. Latz is the author of Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want (St. Martin’s Press, 2004) and has appeared as a negotiation expert on CBS, CNN, MSNBC and Fox and has been cited in USA Today, Politico, The Economist and other publications. He has written a monthly negotiation column for several newspapers since 1999.
Mr. Latz received his B.A., with honors, from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School. He studied under Robert Fisher, co-author of Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In.
- Should you negotiate with video or just on the phone?
- When should you go back-and-forth via email or send a written offer?
- Why not just do the entire negotiation face-to-face, in person?
How you interact in negotiations has a direct and immediate impact on your results.
Yet we tend to engage and make these decisions off-the-cuff. Don’t. Instead, take advantage of the experts’ proven research so you will use the most effective strategies and get your best deals.
In this dynamic and fast-moving webcast, negotiation expert Marty Latz will:
- Show you what to do and what not to do - on video, on the phone, and in writing or via email - in two professionally produced and recorded negotiations
- Empower you with a strategic framework to evaluate when to engage in person, on video, or on the phone
- Identify effective and ineffective strategies and tactics to use in negotiating in various online environments
Negotiating by instinct will fail you. Join us on August 8th to learn techniques that will lead to success.
Skills You’ll Learn:
- Latz’s 5 Steps to Effective Online Negotiations
- Crucial analytic tools to understand and plan your next online negotiation
- Advantages and disadvantages of negotiating via video, email, written documents, phone or face-to-face
- Typical mistakes made during online negotiations