Ins and Outs of Motions to Change Venue
Date: Dec 20, 2023 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Member Price: $140
Non-Member Price: $175
Section Price: $131
- Edward J. Rebenack, Esq.
- Rebenack Aronow Mascolo LLP, Somerville
- Hon. Kevin M. Shanahan, AJSC
- April M. Gilmore, Esq.
- The Epstein Law Firm, Rochelle Park
- Rey O. Villanueva, Esq.
- Golden Rothschild Spagnola Lundell Boylan & Garubo, PC, Bridgewater
There are many reasons an attorney may seek to change venue of a case. Filing such a motion is a strategy. At this convenient luncheon webinar, our panel of attorneys from across the aisle along with Assignment Judge Kevin Shanahan, will engage in a collegiate discussion of:
- Rule 4:3 providing for motions to change venue
- Timing of the motion
- When a motion to change venue may be appropriate
- Considerations such as convenience of parties and witnesses; connection to the vicinage where the action is commenced, and more
- Motions to change venue in vicinages with trial moratorium