New Attorney Day – Law Office Management
Date: Sep 17, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- William E. Denver, Esq.
- The Denver Law Firm LLC, Red Bank
- Heather C. Keith, Esq.
- IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT, Union County Bar, NJSBA
Keith Law Firm, LLC, Westfield
- Beth C. Manes, Esq.
- Manes & Weinberg, LLC, Westfieldis a Partner in Manes & Weinberg, Special Needs Lawyers, LLC in Mountainside, New Jersey. She concentrates her practice in special education law, special needs planning, guardianships, trust advocacy and estate planning.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Ms. Manes is a member and Past Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Solo-Small Firm Section and a member of the NJSBA’s Elder and Disability Law Section and Education Law Committee, as well as the New Jersey Special Education Practitioners. She is a member of the Union County Bar Association, serves as Co-Chair of the Association’s Trusts, Estates and Elder Law Committee and is a member of the Union County Probate Early Settlement Panel. A member of the Board of Directors of Don’t Hide It, Flaunt It!, Ms. Manes is Past President of the Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of New Jersey, Inc., which provides lifetime advocacy for people with special needs. She is a member of the Special Needs Alliance, a national organization of attorneys who work with families with special needs.
Ms. Manes served as a hearing panel chair for the State of Delaware Department of Education, overseeing special education hearings. She has lectured on special needs children in divorce topics for CLE courses and for community groups, and has raised puppies for The Seeing Eye since 2012. She is the recipient of several honors.
Ms. Manes received her B.A., cum laude, from Brandeis University, where she was the recipient of several awards and inducted into Pi Sigma Alpha. She received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where she was a member of the Environmental Moot Court Team, won the Best Oralist award and was the Coordinating Editor of Production of the Michigan Journal of Gender and Law.
Law Office Management: Practical Practices You Didn’t Learn in Law School
Law Office Management is a topic that is a mystery to recent graduates. After all, it wasn’t on the bar exam and you can’t get certified in it. However, good law office management practices are vital to your success.
This fun and interactive program will discuss some practical law office management lessons that will make you more efficient, help your practice be more compliant with ethics rules and serve your clients better which, in the end, all translates to making more money.
- Fundamental concepts in running a law practice, including the bona fide office rule and specific rules of professional conduct
- Understanding the roles of non-attorney staff and how they can help you run your practice
- Effective communication techniques and how communication with your clients keeps you out of trouble
- Understanding what your supervisors or employees expect from you
- Technology - what you need, how to use it and how it is essential to your practice