Nuts and Bolts of New Jersey Small Business: Essential Guide
Date: Dec 7, 2023 1:00 p.m. – 4:35 p.m.
Member Price: $160
Non-Member Price: $200
- Barry F. Gartenberg, Esq.
- Barry F. Gartenberg, LLC, Springfield
- J. Kenneth Harris, Esq.
- Harris Law Offices, Haddon Heights
**With Important Updates for 2024!**
This program will review the essentials for representing clients in business formation. The speakers will review everything you need to know to represent clients who are setting up a business – from ensuring that you capture the necessary information in a client interview to examining different business formats, understanding the tax and other consequences of each, and drafting important governance and relational documents that anticipate and reduce the risks of business ventures.
The speakers will conclude this updated program with a look at recent case law, including Connelly v. US (8th Cir. 2023). This decision will have a significant impact on how to mitigate the risks of keeping a business going after the death of a shareholder through the use of life insurance, which may open the shareholder decedent’s estate or the business to unanticipated tax liability.
This program will help you more confidently represent your small business clients. Register now!
- 1:00 - NJICLE Introduction
- 1:05 - Introduction to Sole Proprietorships, General Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Company and Corporations - Barry F. Gartenberg, Esq.
- 1:35 - Interviewing Clients – The essential questions you need to ask - J. Kenneth Harris, Esq.
- 2:05 - Break
- 2:15 - LLCs and Tax Issues – How to avoid unnecessary or unanticipated tax consequences - J. Kenneth Harris, Esq.
- 3:15 - Corporations vs LLCs – the pros and cons of each and how to decide which is right for your client - Barry F. Gartenberg, Esq.
- 4:15 - Wrap Up, Panel Discussion, and Q & A
- 4:25 - Adjourn