Preparing Businesses for Sale or Merger
Date: Jan 23, 2024 9:00 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
Member Price: $99
Non-Member Price: $125
- Joel Bogorad, Esq.
- Weinberg, Lieberman & Co., Fairfield
- Robert L. Johnson, Esq.
- Gibbons P.C, Newark
- Rachel Stark, Esq.
- Stark & Stark, Hamilton
Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Business Law Section
Business owners must either prepare for succession or sale of their business. Whether they are planning a sale as a consequence of retirement planning after years of hard work or rather because the business was built with the intention of it being a transferrable asset, there are steps that the business owner can and should take to ready the business, its books and financial circumstances to maximize value and to ease the sale transaction itself.
NJICLE is honored to host three practitioners who will offer their knowledge and experience in the field of business valuation, mergers and acquisition and business management to most efficiently and effectively develop a successful business into a valuable asset for sale or merger with another entity. Attorneys who help their clients create businesses and wish to provide legal advice and consulting services for those businesses are welcomed to hear from experts in this field of consulting and representation.
- 9 | Introduction
- 9:05 | Theories for maximizing sale price of the business
- 9:20 | Identifying and creating potential business value drivers
- 9:30 | Identifying potential impediments to sale
- 9:45 | What to consider and establish prior to sale
- 10 | Identifying a potential buyer or category of purchaser
- 10:10 | Intellectual property and trade secrets considerations
- 10:20 |Demonstrating the business financial circumstances in the best light
- 10:30 | Market considerations, trends, forecasts and landscape
- 10:35 | Summation and Question and Answers
- 10:40 | Adjourn