Replay-Handling Drug, DWI and Serious Cases in Munic Court
Date: Dec 30, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Member Price: $190
Non-Member Price: $250
Areas of Law: Municipal Court Practice
Earn up to 3.3 credits! (More Information)
- John Menzel, Esq.
- Law Offices of John Menzel, Asbury Parkis an attorney in private practice in Asbury Park, New Jersey. He has tried thousands of drunk driving cases and argued more than one hundred appeals before the New Jersey Superior Court’s Law and Appellate Divisions and the New Jersey Supreme Court. He was lead attorney in State v. Chun and State v. Foley, the seminal cases on the Alcotest 7110 MK-III-C in New Jersey.
Mr. Menzel is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. He is Past Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Municipal Court Practice Section. A sustaining member and former New Jersey State Delegate for the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD), he is Certified by the NCDD in DUI Defense Law. He is a member of the American Bar Association’s Criminal Practice Division, the Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys of New Jersey and the Monmouth and Ocean County Bar Associations.
Mr. Menzel has been an associate member of the New Jersey Association of Forensic Scientists and an adjunct instructor at Ocean County College. He has held seminars on New Jersey’s drunk driving laws, breath testing instrumentation and trial techniques. Throughout his career Mr. Menzel has received training from the National Association for DUI Defense and has attended training for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing. He was named the 2015 Municipal Court Practitioner of the Year by the New Jersey State Bar Association and was the 2017 recipient of the National College for DUI Defense Mentoring Award.
Mr. Menzel received his B.F.A, summa cum laude, from the New York Institute of Technology and his J.D. from New York Law School.
- Lorraine Nielsen, Esq.
- Municipal Court Prosecutor, Milltown
- Lucia E. Perpina, Esq.
- Law Offices of Lucia E. Perpina, Esq. LLC, Linden
- Kenneth A. Vercammen, Esq.
- Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, PC, Edison