State Residency and Domicile
Date: Feb 24, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Statutory residence rules for determining whether an individual is a resident or non-resident.
- Determining domicile including the secondary factors that are analyzed to determine whether someone is a NJ domiciliary.
- Basic income allocation rules that must be reviewed when residents of NJ become non-residents.
- The Residency of Trusts: Tax Planning and Tax Traps for State Income Taxation of Trusts- Whether or not a state or states can tax a Trust on all of its income depends upon different factors
- Does New Jersey have an “exit tax”?
- Do other states acknowledge existing tax and estate planning documents?
- and more!
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/