The Deposition College
Date: Jan 12, 2024 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Member Price: $172
Non-Member Price: $215
- Michael S. Raff, Esq.
- Raff & Raff, LLP, Paterson
- Tracy A. Armstrong, Esq.
- Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A., Woodbridge
- Kelly Patricia Corrubia, Esq.
- VICE PRESIDENT, New Jersey Defense Association, NJSBA
Hall Booth Smith, P.C., Paramus
- Brandon Greenblatt, Esq.
- Chief Executive Officer, Remote Legal, New York City
- Vahbiz P. Karanjia, Esq.
- Epstein Ostrove LLC, Edison
- Cory Rothbort, Esq.
- Mazie Slater Katz & Freeman, LLC, Roseland
- Lawrence M. Simon, Esq.
- Javerbaum Wurgaft Hicks Kahn Wikstrom & Sinins, Springfield
Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Certified Attorneys Section
Deposition skills are extremely important for every trial attorney, be they personal injury attorneys, labor and employment attorneys or business litigation practitioners. Regardless of the focus of your trial practice, there are tips and strategies that you can apply when you are in the deposition room to ensure that the deposition is effective. Reserve your seat for January 12th and learn all about it.
Through lecture and demonstration our panel of New Jersey experienced litigators will share their tips and techniques to help build your case at the deposition stage. Immerse yourself in a day for building deposition skills with your peers and some of New Jersey’s finest.
- 9:00 | Welcome - Michael S. Raff, Esq.
- 9:05 | Organizing your file for deposition - Vahbiz P. Karanjia, Esq.
- 9:30 | Preparing your client for deposition - Vahbiz P. Karanjia, Esq.
- 9:50 | Preparing for taking and defending depositions on liability - Kelly Patricia Corrubia, Esq.
- 10:30 | Break
- 10:40 | Objections at deposition - Lawrence M. Simon, Esq.
- 11:15 | Topic specific issues
- The trucking collision deposition - Lawrence M. Simon, Esq.
- The automobile injury deposition - Michael S. Raff, Esq.
- The employment deposition - Tracy A. Armstrong, Esq.
- The corporate-designee deposition - Vahbiz P. Karanjia, Esq.
- The construction litigation case - Kelly Patricia Corrubia, Esq.
- 12:30 | Lunch
- 1:00 | Do’s and don’ts and the “why” of depositions - Tracy A. Armstrong, Esq.
- 1:35 | Taking the discovery deposition of an adversary’s expert - Michael S. Raff, Esq.
- 2:10 | Conducting remote depositions - Brandon Greenblatt, Esq.; Cory Rothbort, Esq.
- The law and use of video
- Video deps as an art
- Effective techniques and strategies/dos and don’ts
- 3:20 | Final comments and program wrap up
- 3:30 | Adjourn