Why There are Dead Shopping Centers and How we Revive Them
Date: Dec 18, 2023 1:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Member Price: $160
Non-Member Price: $200
Areas of Law: Land Use, Real Estate, Taxation
Earn up to 4.2 credits! (More Information)
- Lawrence B. Litwin, Esq.
- Lawrence B. Litwin PC, Mendham
- Hon. John J. Harper (Ret.)
- David Banisch
- Banisch Associates, Flemington
- Anthony F. DellaPelle, Esq.
- McKirdy, Riskin, Olson & DellaPelle, PC, Morris Plains
- Matthew S. Krauser
- Newmark Valuation & Advisory, Whippany
- Adriana M. Peters, Esq.
- Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC, Roseland
- Felice R. Yudkin, Esq.
- Cole Schotz PC, Hackensack
Shopping center leasing concepts continue to evolve to meet the needs of the ever-changing retail industry. Our extremely respected panel will address some of the current issues facing the industry as they explore questions of shopping center planning, finding the right tenants for a shopping center in today’s climate, retail bankruptcies, redevelopment and tax appeal issues, leasing and mortgage considerations, the value and necessity of planning and valuation, and the rise in mediation between developers, landlords and tenants.
- 1:00 - Welcome
- 1:02 - Overall planning, zoning and preparation - Lawrence B. Litwin, Esq.
- 1:30 - Retail bankruptcies - Felice R. Yudkin, Esq.
- 2:00 - Redevelopment and tax appeals - Anthony F. DellaPelle, Esq.
- 2:30 - Leasing and mortgage considerations - Adriana M. Peters, Esq.
- 3:00 - Break
- 3:10 - Planner - David Banisch, PP AICP
- 3:40 - Valuation/Appraisal - Matthew S. Krauser, CRE, FRICS
- 4:10 - Mediation concerns - Hon. John J. Harper (Ret.)
- 4:40 - Final comments/program wrap up
- 4:45 - Adjourn