Data Privacy and Cybersecurity for Lawyers
Date: Jan 31, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Join this informative program in learning about what Data Breach is. Learn the difference between Data Privacy and Cybersecurity and fulfill the new NY CLE Requirement on Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection
- Learning the importance of a data breach and how to avoid it.
- Understand the fundamental issues of securely sending, receiving, and storing client and law office electronic data and communication.
- Identify and be aware of cybersecurity threats affecting clients, legal professionals, and legal organizations.
- Hear from the experts on the Third Circuit decision Clemens v. ExecuPharm, and other applicable 2nd Circuit decisions and NY law
- Know the applicable laws relating to cybersecurity, data breach notification laws, other federal, state and local laws, as well as, administrative rules and regulations.
- Applicable laws, rules and regulations relating to privacy and data protection.
- Discussion of the New York SHIELD Act (New York “Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Security” Act) and pending legislation before the NJ Legislature.
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/