Guidelines for Court-Appointed Attorneys in Guardianships
Date: Feb 21, 2024 12:00 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
Member Price: $99
Non-Member Price: $125
- Hon. Robert Mega, PJCh
- Superior Court of New Jersey
- Michelle A. Gentek-Mayer
- Camden County Surrogate, Blackwood
- Kristi Jasberg Robinson, Esq.
- Chief, Civil Practice Liaison, Administrative Office of the Courtsserves as Chief, Civil Practice Liaison, Civil Practice Division of the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts in Trenton, New Jersey. Her responsibilities include overseeing the New Jersey Judiciary Guardianship Monitoring Program and serving as AOC staff to several statewide Judiciary conferences and committees devoted to probate, chancery and civil litigation issues. Prior to joining the AOC in August 2011, she worked as an attorney in private practice and in her most recent role as a staff attorney at Dechert LLP in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, managed large-scale electronic discovery review and production in mass torts and product liability matters.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Ms. Robinson has been a member of the National and Mid-Atlantic Associations for Court Management. She has served as a panelist for continuing legal education courses on guardianship and other topics, and was a workgroup member and contributor to the National Association for Court Management’s 2013-2014 Adult Guardianship Guide.
Ms. Robinson received her undergraduate degree from Hofstra University and her J.D. from Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Board.
- Adam Rosen, Esq.
- Camden County Surrogate, Blackwood
This informative and practical seminar is for attorneys who receive court appointments in adult guardianship matters and those looking to serve in roles that benefit vulnerable adults alleged to be incapacitated. In May 2021, the Supreme Court set forth revised Guidelines for Court-Appointed Attorneys in Guardianship Matters to prepare attorneys for these critically important appointments. Learn everything you need to know about the revised guidelines and other new and relevant adult guardianship initiatives.
- An Overview of the Guidelines
- Standard Procedures
- Potential Issues Unique to Guardianship Matters
- Ethical Issues
- New Form Report of Court-Appointed Counsel for Alleged Incapacitated Person
- New Background Screening Policy for Proposed Guardians of Incapacitated Adults
- Exemption from Madden Requirements for Attorneys who Provide Pro Bono Services in Adult Guardianship Matters
- And more!
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/