Fundamentals of Finance and Financial Fraud for Lawyers
Date: Oct 31, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick and Online
Member Price: $152
Non-Member Price: $190
- Joseph Novello
- The Financial Training Organization, Metuchen
Learn the fundamentals of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements with our popular presenter and CPA, Joseph Novello. He will walk you through the three most important financial statements that lawyers should know to best serve your clients. He will also explain financial fraud to you, alert you to fraud warning signs and explain how to combat fraud at your clients and your firm.
- Welcome and Introduction
- The Basic Equation of Finance
- Financial Statements
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Statement of Cash Flow
- Notes to Financial Statements
- Auditor’s Report
- Financial Fraud
- Types of financial fraud
- Fraud warning signs
- Is there a fraudster profile?
- How to combat fraud in your law firm
- Cyber fraud
- Fraud cases in the news
- Sarbanes Oxley legislation regarding fraud prevention